Author Interview Michelle Vernal

Towards the end of 2022 I read Christmas in the little Irish Village by Michelle Vernal and I loved it and I am beyond thrilled to hear that it's part of a series! I Then had the opportunity to interview the lovley author. Her books can be bought here on Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes and Noble
How did you get started with writing books?
I have always written. When I was young, I kept journals or wrote the odd bit of bad poetry but not long after my first son was born (18 years ago), I did a part-time creative writing course. I wrote humorous pieces for parenting magazines but wanted to do something more. So, when my second son was born, crazy timing, I decided to write a book. That book was the Cooking School on the Bay. It was a huge learning curve.

  Would you and your main character get along? And why or why not?
Oh yes. I always love my main characters. We'd have loads in common because I write characters I'd like to rip open a bar of chocolate with and curl up for a chat and a good laugh.

If your book were made into a movie, which actors would play your characters?
I'd choose Aisling Bea to play Shannon from Christmas in the Little Irish Village. She'd be perfect and for James, Chris Hemsworth, so long as he wasn't too beefed up. He has James's sea glass-coloured eyes, and I think he'd look pretty good in that Gortex active wear James is fond of. 

  What is your favorite childhood book?
Anything by Enid Blyton

What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?
Staying seated at my laptop and getting on with it.

What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?
Attending the Romance Writer's Conference a few years ago in Auckland, New Zealand. The motivation it provided during a difficult point in my writing career was priceless.

What other books have you had published?
It's a long list. I'm a hybrid author. This means I have independently published some of my books while others are with a traditional publisher. 

Series Fiction
The Guesthouse on the Green Series
Book 1 - O'Mara's
Book 2 – Moira-Lisa Smile
Book 3 –What goes on Tour
Book 4 – Rosi's Regrets
Book 5 – Christmas at O'Mara's
Book 6 – A Wedding at O'Mara's
Book 7 – Maureen's Song
Book 8 – The O'Maras in LaLa Land
Book 9 – Due in March
Book 10 – A Baby at O'Mara's
Book 11 – The Housewarming
Book 12 – Rainbows over O'Mara's

Liverpool Brides Series
The Autumn Posy
The Winter Posy 
The Spring Posy
  The Summer Posy
Isabel's Story
The Promise
The Letter

Christmas in the Little Irish Village
Book 2 will be out in April next year

  Novels
The Cooking School on the Bay
Second-hand Jane
Staying at Eleni's
The Traveller's Daughter
Sweet Home Summer
When We Say Goodbye

  How do you celebrate when you finish your book? 
Always with a glass of wine or two and a meal out. Oh, and I usually go shopping, but my husband doesn't know that!

If you could spend a day with another popular author, whom would you choose?
Marian Keyes. She's delightful.

Do you have a message for your readers?
Thank you so much for reading my stories. I hope you enjoy them and feel like you're having a cosy chat with your new best friends. I also hope they leave you with a big, satisfied smile.

Website
Facebook

Comments