Where'd you go Bernadette by Maria Semple

Where'd you go Bernadette by Maria Semple ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Triggers: Anxiety Agoraphobia Runaway mother
My second 5 star book for the year. This book is written in email, letter, and newspaper articles format. With quite a few view points which made it interesting and easy to get to know and understand the characters. The 'gnat' characters were annoying to start with but Bernadette's neighbour Audrey grew on me towards the end. I didn't change my mind about Soo-Linn. Elgie I can't quite decide how I feel about him (read it you'll see why!). I liked Bee and her desperate need to travel to the ends of the earth to find her mom as her understanding of her mother deepened. Some parts of this book were really tough to read, I even took pauses because of the raw realness of it. I 'connected' to Bernadette and could see things in her perspective. This book made me feel less alone in my anxiety and see some hope and light at the end of the tunnel , Bernadette will stay with me for a long time, she became one of my favourite characters of all time. QOTD:what book character will remain with you forever?

Comments